RFI

Re: [RFI] Low voltage lighting solid state "transformers"

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Low voltage lighting solid state "transformers"
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:44:46 -0400
I recently replaced Halogen under-counter kitchen lighting with Xenon types.
The units purchased do not use switching technology and have better
compatibility with a light dimmers.  Purchased at Home Depot and the plastic
blister pack states "Does not cause radio interference."  They're completely
clean and use good ole' fashion resistive current limiting.

Hampton Bay 6-Light Black Under-Cabinet Xenon Puck Light Kit
Model # EC1333BK
Internet # 202051199
Store SKU # 81831

Speaking of dimmers....I have replaced all Leviton-branded dimmers with
Lutron.  Huge difference.  The Leviton dimmers even stated "RFI protection."
What ever RFI abatement Leviton uses is minimal.  I can detect no RFI with
the Lutron brand.

Paul, W9AC