RFI

[RFI] Remote control ceiling fans

To: <RFI@Contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Remote control ceiling fans
From: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:55:12 -0600
My next door neighbor's dad was a ham so he suspected what was happening
when his remote control ceiling fan and light would go on, faster, fastest,
off and the light too would go on and off.  At the time I was still using
the dipoles in my attic as I was prohibited from any other antennas.  Since
then I have put up a Butternut about 75 feet back from the house.  He only
mentioned it to me that one time and he said he just turned it off (I guess
he has a wall switch too) and I haven't heard anything since.  I think he
knows, bottom line, it was HIS problem because of his exposure to the topic
from his dad being a ham but I also think it probably doesn't happen when I
use the Butternut.  AND I actually spend very little time on the radio,
sorry to say.

73, de Jim KG0KP