RFI

Re: [RFI] Noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise
From: "Dave N0RQ" <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:41:43 -0500
It sounds (to me) like typical power line noise.

If it stops when wet (during/after rain, or when dew in the morning),
it probably is power line noise.

It would be interesting to hear with in AM mode with no noise-blanking.

Hunting it with small directional antenna on 2m or 70cm (mode AM or SSB)
is usually best way to track it.  I am fighting the same tiring battle --
you
might find helpful comments on my site
http://www.powerlinenoise.com
You call also listen & see my power line noise recordings there, and compare
with yours, if you wish.

--
Dave N0RQ