RFI

Re: [RFI] CFL bulbs - NO WAY

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL bulbs - NO WAY
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:44:04 -0400
>You have gone beyond your area of
>expertise and you have injected your own political agenda into a
>technical forum

Possibly true of anyone here who's not a climate scientist and is
talking about Al Gore, conservation, hybrid cars, CFLs, cradle to
grave energy costs of various lighting sources.... and all in a forum
about radio frequency interference.

This topic (CFLs) always turns into a political discussion, even
though it always starts on the ham boards as a worry about RFI

Anyway, I haven't had mine long enough to comment on their longevity,
but I can say that my particular CFLs don't cause noticeable RFI.

As far as the political stuff, all I have to say is that I don't think
conservation and reduction of energy use, fossil fuel or otherwise,
could possibly be a bad thing when done sensibly.  I also agree with
Tom that if it's going to be done in the home of the average American,
it's sensible to tackle the biggest energy expenditures first, and
lighting isn't it.

There, now I've done it and injected my agenda into a technical
forum... which is pretty much all this thread has been.

Dan