RFI

Re: [RFI] High Efficiency Heat Pump (or furnace) RFI ?

To: <donovanf@starpower.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] High Efficiency Heat Pump (or furnace) RFI ?
From: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 08:54:19 -0500
A mile away!  My word!

I will be MOST interested in finding out what the manufacturer and model of
this device is, as there is no doubt at all that this greatly exceeds the FCC
conducted emissions limits!  Typically, a "legal" device from the house next
door would be about S7 or so -- bad enough, but NOT enough to go a mile away.

Is the "neighbor" cooperative? If it would help, you can ask ARRL to write them
a letter, under the wing of our agreements with the FCC. That is sometimes
better than a cold knock on the door.  I generally take the view that local
solutions to local problems are best, but if you think that a letter from ARRL
would be a good way to open the door, let Mike Gruber, W1MG@arrl.org, know.

73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Laboratory Manager