RFI

[RFI] Maytag Neptune FL pair, almost no RFI!!!

To: n6kj.kelly@gmail.com, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Maytag Neptune FL pair, almost no RFI!!!
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:52:44 EDT
I just purchased a Maytag Neptune front loading pair, the new model  6700.
RFI is almost negligible!  As the Washer drum spins up, there  is slight hash
sound that peaks at S-5 then drops off.  In the spin mode  there is a very
minor raspy noise that is just audible above the normal S-3  noise level here.
I've been focusing on 20M, where most problems have been  reported, but cursory
checks of the other bands have not indicated any  problems.

I was expecting problems, as my antenna is a double zepp, on a roof mounted
pole directly above the laundry room and fed with open feeders.   Truthfully,
I get far more noise from my computer monitor.

I hope this is an indication that the appliance mfgrs are doing something
about this problem, but, as always, your mileage may vary.

Paul, K5AF