RFI

[RFI] Garage Door Opening transmitting on 40m

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Garage Door Opening transmitting on 40m
From: Dan Violette KI6X" <danki6x@pacbell.net (Dan Violette KI6X)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 18:51:08 -0800
I have gone through this.  I disconnected the remote open switch at the
opener.  The problem went away so toroids at the opener end of this
cable worked fine.  With the newer openers, the cord to the safety
switch/light may also bring in the RF.  Anything connected can bring it
in.  I also use toroids on the A/C line because it is a GFCI and was
popping off with RF.

Dan KI6X

Date sent:              Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:11:33 -0600
From:                   "michael w. elliott" <kq0b@sprintmail.com>
To:                     rfi@contesting.com

> I have a neighbor complaining about his garage door openning attributes
> me as the cause  .. oh well gess there no one else to blame as my tower
> is only 40 or so feet from his house.

snip

-- Dan Violette    Amateur Radio: KI6X   E-mail: danki6x@pacbell.net --

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html