RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI every 15 KHz on 160 meters, suspect source is a manufactur

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI every 15 KHz on 160 meters, suspect source is a manufacturing facility.
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 10:13:14 -0800
Great work, Don.  It suggests that there are multiple sources, one much stronger than the other, or multiple points at which radiation takes place (or the magnetic field is developed). Be prepared for noise from one or more weaker sources to still be present after the first one is suppressed.

73, Jim K9YC

On 2/4/2018 8:30 AM, Don Kirk wrote:
  I have to turn the SDR receiver gain all the way down to zero on
the SDR receiver when I again get in close, but the signal is still very
large when in close (lets say within 3 inches of the conduits), so I'm now
going to build a a 1" diameter loop as I suspect it will be helpful when I
again gain access to the inside of the building where the variable speed
drives are located.