RFI

[RFI] RFI Troubles

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI Troubles
From: W6YN Don Milbury <w6yn@juno.com> (W6YN Don Milbury)
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 12:10:55 -0800

A word of caution:

NEVER ever touch another persons equipment.

You are not qualified to repair home electronic equipment. Many states
license people to do that work. You are not licensed to do that work and
if anything, ANYTHING, should happen to your neighbor's equipment you may
find yourself in a court of law defending yourself for breaking your
neighbors equipment and having to answer the question "Are you licensed
to work on the equipment?" with a "No". You may be required to pay for
the repair of the equipment in such a situation, just because you were a
"good guy" trying to help his neighbor AND should you be found guilty of
practicing a trade (home electronics repair) without a state license you
may suffer even more misery.

The fact that you are heard in your neighbor's speakers is your
neighbor's problem, not yours. This fact may be difficult for your
neighbor to understand, so don't think he will accept this situation and
live with it.

You have a problem, but it is not RFI , it is your neighbor. Your best
bet is to allow him (HELP HIM) to complain to the FCC. They will send him
a nice booklet that will confirm what I have written here, but he
probably will not read it and will continue to hate you.

As long as you are operating within the FCC rules, you are OK but be
ready to duck if necessary.

73, Don

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi