RFI

Re: [RFI] UPS interference/Recommendation Request

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] UPS interference/Recommendation Request
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:14:58 -0700
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:19:56 -0400 (GMT-04:00), Alex wrote:

>I purchased a Cyberpower BC1285C UPS yesterday and found
>immediately that it is generating TVI on the video carrier of
>broadcast channel 5, 77.25 MHz, when just plugged in and while
>it's still off.

There is no excuse for this behavior -- send it back for FULL
credit, and advise the FCC of the apparent non-compliance with Part
15. If the vendor gives you grief or wants to charge you for re-
stocking, mention the FCC violation, and suggest that they cooperate
unless they would like you to point the FCC to them for selling a
product in apparent violation.

Jim Brown K9YC