RFI

Re: [RFI] 138kv power lines

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 138kv power lines
From: "Larry Burke" <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 20:28:34 -0500

----
Rick N6RK wrote:

When I was looking for property in 1997, I looked at dozens of 10 and 20
acre vacant parcels.  I would say at least 1/3 of them turned out to be VERY
close to high tension lines.  Maybe that is why no one had ever built a
house on them.  I don't think this is a coincidence.  Properties under these
lines just don't sell.
----

As the poster that started this thread, I would offer that I am finding a
bit of that myself. In the Houston area petroleum pipelines and flood zones
are another problem. On the other hand, you would not believe the number of
guys who build McMansions in or near a combination of all of these potential
resale-stoppers.

All.... Thanks for the input.... It has been helpful in guiding me away from
some potential RFI issues.

Larry Wi5A