RFI

Re: [RFI] Single or Dual-Connector Posts on Battery?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Single or Dual-Connector Posts on Battery?
From: Jim Hill <hro5-2@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:56:56 -0800
Hi Doc: I'm using a dual-connector pair Interstate battery in my
travel trailer.  I carry golf cart batteries in my truck (no room in
the trailer), and use modified jumper cables to connect them to the
trailer (negative terminal of trailer battery not connected when golf
cart batteries used).  I've had poor connection problems with
continual disconnects and connects, causing heating, voltage drop,
and when listening a hum modulation of CW signals.  I need to clean
the battery terminals and wire lugs periodically and tighten the nuts
securely.  Hand tightening of wing nuts is not adequate.  If I seldom
changed connections, I think I would get regular battery cables and
modify them to go from the battery to trailer wiring.