RFI

Re: [RFI] Microwave RFI - radiated (?)

To: dgsvetan@rockwellcollins.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Microwave RFI - radiated (?)
From: "Donald Kerns" <dkerns@cruzio.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 15:09:08 -0700
On Mon, 12 May 2008 16:24:38 -0500, dgsvetan wrote
> Donald,
>
> Thanks for the sound file.  The interference definitely has a 60 Hz
> component to it.  (That's the raspy buzz from when the oven is on.
>  I agree that you do have a lot of other noise as well.)

"Nobody knows the troubles I've seen..."

> In any event, since the unit is many moons old, I'd open it up and
> take a look (with AC power cord disconnected, of course).  Look for
> any signs of something burnt or charred.

I sat down to do exactly that. And ran into a couple fasteners that I didn't
have drivers for. Seems the manufacture didn't want consumers getting into
their box due to the high voltages contained therein. Go figure ;-)

Working on getting those drivers now. If I can't find them in a couple of
days, out comes Mr. Dremel and that fastener becomes a normal panhead screw...

73 de Donald