RFI

[RFI] CO2 & CO

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] CO2 & CO
From: K9AJ <K9AJ@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 15:02:27 -0500
Hello All,

CO2 (carbon dioxide) is only poisonous when it accumulates to a point where it displaces oxygen in the environment, as in the Cameroun disaster noted below. Remember, CO2 is a large portion of what we exhale, every time we take a breath. It is heavier than air so can accumulate in a valley (ie: the Cameroun disaster) or a silo, etc.

CO (carbon monoxide) is a direct toxin. It has a higher affinity than oxygen for the hemoglobin in blood and prevents the hemoglobin from delivering oxygen to body tissues.

73....Mike, K9AJ
Michael J McGirr, MD, FACEP

At 02:01 PM 10/25/2013, you wrote:
If you want to read about how poisonous co2 is, look up the story about the African Lake Nyos disaster in 1989 in Cameroon.