RFI

Re: [RFI] How cost effective -- and safe -- are CFL bulbs anyway?

To: Rfi <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] How cost effective -- and safe -- are CFL bulbs anyway?
From: Dan Violette <danki6x@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:40:04 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
OK, my anecdotal info.

5 ceiling fans with 4 bulbs each, most all other in house (10+) have been
around at least 5 years.  I think I lost one because the base connection to
bulb bad (fan use?).  Replaced one that was audibly noisy.  Some even came from
my last house and have 2-3 years more use in them.  I noticibly saw an average
decrease of the electric bill (at least $5/mo) along with less heat noticed in
the summer (missed in the winter).  I did go with about 3 different brands
initially and one I will never buy again (forget the name, box in my "bulb
box").  They worked fine, just audibly noisy and these bulbs have been put away
as spares or in an area I do not care.  Never RFI and use one in a desk lamp
with the radio.

Overall have been happy and they can only get better.

Dan, KI6X