RFI

Re: [RFI] Motherboard RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Motherboard RFI
From: Peter Laws <plaws@plaws.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 20:31:48 -0600
On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 12:44, Dale Svetanoff <svetanoff@earthlink.net> wrote:

> 2.  Does the 746 Pro go quiet with the antenna removed?  If should, but if
> not, then there may be multiple coupling paths between the PC and rig.

I can still hear it a little, but it's definitely stronger when connected.

> 3.  Is the PC a stock commercial item with FCCand CE mark labels, or have
> you (or someone) done "custom mods"?

It's a home-brew, but it's a good Antec case and all the various and
sundry hole-fillers are present.  There are no neon lights or bubbler
setups.  :-)

746 et al are all connected to the station ground outside the radio
room with decent, if a bit light, copper braid.  All wires also come
in through Alpha Delta TransiTraps which are grounded to the same
ground rod.

> BTW:  When
> you opened up the case of the PC, does the case have internal metal
> shields?  If so, are these intact and making contact as designed?  Keep in

Not sure what you mean by internal shields.  Empty card slots have
fillers, filler around various ports is in place.