RFI

Re: [RFI] UV Lights Noisy?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] UV Lights Noisy?
From: Christopher Brown <cbrown@woods.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 17:55:47 -0800
Same as any Flourescent, primary noise is the fixture/balast, built-in
for a CFL, part of the fixture for a bulb like that.

On a side note, since you linked to a raw bulb, not a special germicidal
fixture that mounts deep inside the ducting....

Anything with high enough UV output to make a diff will fry the eyes in
short order...I hope that "at the return" actually means in a duct mount
germicidal fixture mounted a few feed from the return side of the
furnace, not outside or just inside the return air grate where UV will
scatter out into people accessible spaces...

The return air UV systems I have seen mount into or replace a section of
duct just before the furnace and have safety lockouts so that they
cannot light when human exposure is possible.