RFI

Re: [RFI] Ham Conflict from Building Cellular Repeater?

To: "RFI Reflector" <RFI@Contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ham Conflict from Building Cellular Repeater?
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 18:41:06 -0500
It appears Wilson want the OK to sell re-radiating repeaters under less
restrictive rules than have applied up to now.

http://urgentcomm.com/mobile_voice/news/fcc-rulemaking-cellular-amplifiers-2
0090909/

A comment on that page says (excerpt):
"I hunt interference for living. Wilson repeaters are the most common brand
I find generating interference."

FWIW, BDA's have been mentioned in connection with interference to 800 MHz
trunked radio systems.  And (as I understand things) they may be installed
legally only by a cellular service provider.

Cortland
KA5S