RFI

Re: [RFI] Crossed Signals (news story)

To: "Steve Sacco NN4X" <nn4x@embarqmail.com>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Crossed Signals (news story)
From: "Dale Svetanoff" <svetanoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:15:23 -0600
Thanks for the posting.  As an incidental comment, many keyless vehicle
entry systems use 315 MHz, another "military" frequency.

BTW: The situation cited in the article also happened a number of years ago
in the San Diego area when several ships from the Pacific Fleet returned to
port.  I suspect that at least some of the radio systems referred to in the
article are using the new generation SDRs - Software Defined Radios - the
most notable being the JTRS system.  Those radios have a basic hardware
design that allows them to operate on ANY frequency in the range of 2 MHz
to 2000 MHz, but software is used to define the actual operating range of
any given system.  Thus, I think we can expect to read about more of the
same for quite awhile.

73, Dale
WA9ENA