RFI

Re: [RFI] LCD TV wipes out AM BC band

To: "Ken Winterling" <wa2lbi@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LCD TV wipes out AM BC band
From: "Dale Svetanoff" <svetanoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:15:18 -0600
Ken,

Thank you for the prompt feedback.  That is very interesting and brings up 3
questions in my mind:  1) Does my set have a problem that is specific to it or
which was caught by Toshiba and then fixed in production?  2) I suspect that
your radio has lower sensitivity than does the Super Radio III.  To verify the
concept, I'll have to drag out one of my cheapie sets and try the same test.
I'll report my test results here.  3) Could there be some sort of interaction
between my set and the computer system?

A question for you:  Do you have anything else connected to the Toshiba?  You
would have the AC power cord, of course, but other than a coax to the Antenna
port, anything else?  I have Audio Output (line level) going to an external
amp, and the SVGA cable from the computer (going into Input 7).  The signal on
the coax is from my over-the-air antenna.

Again, thank you for doing the test.

73, Dale
WA9ENA