RFI

Re: [RFI] Latest RFI-proof SUVs

To: RFI Reflector <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Latest RFI-proof SUVs
From: dalej <dj2001x@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 03:57:49 -0500
I've been mobiling five years in a 2004 Toyota Sienna, purchased in
Sept 03.  I have not had any issues with RFI getting into the vehicle
computer etc.  I did have a hash which was S-9 in the 706MKIIG but
after I grounded the radio to the body that was cut down to about
s-3.  I don't know if the hash was fuel pump or computer, it doesn't
sound like ignition noise at all, plugs firing, just a steady hiss
that blankets the 75 meter band. The blanker takes out the remaining
noise to S-1 or 2.

As for the Sienna the maintenance has been to change oil.  Oh, I did
put some new tires on a few months ago.

Cheers
Dale