RFI

RE: [RFI] switching p.s. (battery charger)

To: "David O Hachadorian" <k6ll@juno.com>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [RFI] switching p.s. (battery charger)
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:41:47 -0800
The FCC not long ago had several different auto battery chargers pulled. I
imagine that with this experience
fresh in its enforcement log it would be responsive to complaints against
scooter sellers and importers who
are selling similarly noisy chargers.

From
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-03-2923A1.pdf?date=0309
23

"The Enforcement Bureau is considering appropriate enforcement action
against Vector for
importing and marketing radio frequency devices that do not comply with the
FCC?s technical standards
in violation of Section 302(b) of the Communications Act of 1934, as
amended,1 and Section 2.803(a) of
the Rules.2 This public notice is intended to warn retailers that continued
marketing of the six models of
Vector battery chargers referenced above will constitute a violation of
Section 302(b) of the Act and
Section 2.803(a) of the Rules and may result in sanctions, including
monetary forfeitures.

For further information contact Suzanne Tetreault at 202-418-7450 or Kathy
Berthot at 202-418-
7454."

You might copy Riley Hollignsworth, too.

Cortland