RFI

[Towertalk] RE: [RFI] Choke Balun on RG-59 Coax?

To: towertalk@contesting.com, "Eric Rosenberg" <wd3q@erols.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] RE: [RFI] Choke Balun on RG-59 Coax?
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 11:26:37 -0700
Eric,

I don't know what permeability your beads have. Normally used "EMI" beads
run around 850, with 100 to 200 ohms added impedance (each)**at 100 MHz**.
You can expect them to have very little effect at 160 or 80 meters. Note
that the Wireman 2500 mu ferrites are only three times as high, so will not
be much better that low in the spectrum.

Why not see how it works without adding beads after the transformer, or if
there ARE common-mode problems, try an old flyback transformer core (mucho
mu) with a number of turns of coax wrapped through it?

Cortland

--- Cortland Richmond
--- ka5s@earthlink.net