RFI

RE: [RFI] Formal RFI complaint to the FCC

To: rfi@contesting.com, "Van Fair" <vfair@innova.net>
Subject: RE: [RFI] Formal RFI complaint to the FCC
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:34:43 -0800
Van,

Its Part 15, actually.

What model is it? Copies of the data may be searchable on the FCC's Web
site at http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/ under its FCC ID number.

For Amateur Radio related complaints, see http://www.fcc.gov/eb/AmaCmpl.html

(excerpt)
Amateur radio complaints should be as specific as possible, citing dates,
times, and frequencies on which alleged violations occurred. Complaints
should also include a name and telephone number where the complainant can
be reached for further details, if necessary. Complaints should be sent via
e-mail to fccham@fcc.gov  <mailto:fccham@fcc.gov>or by mail to the address
below. Parties are encouraged to send tape recordings in support of their
complaints. Recordings should be mailed to: Federal Communications
Commission, Enforcement Bureau, Amateur Radio, 1270 Fairfield Road,
Gettysburg, PA 17325. Parties desiring further information may call: (717)
338-2502.

That will end up on the desk of Riley Hollingsworth, who has a LOT on his
desk, so be concise. You should be prepared to provide copies of your
correspondence with uncooperative vendors and manufacturers.

Aside from that, you might contact a consumer advocate in your state to
determine if there is a legally enforceable recourse against the seller
under its implied warranty laws. I'm not a lawyer, so I am not the one to
say, but most states have laws holding the seller liable for items which
cannot be used for the purpose sold, and compliance with Part 15 on YOUR
part (or *anyone's* who has one) would seem to require turning it off. Does
it "get" WWV?

Riley _might_ want you to hang onto it until the FCC can check the
interference generated.

Cortland