RFI

Re: [RFI] Clamp on RF meter

To: rfi@contesting.com, jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Clamp on RF meter
From: Michael Germino <ad6aa@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 11:20:45 -0800 (PST)
Well I thinking a little more simple than that.  I was measuring RF current
into a telephone handset.  (Remember those, before cordless.  Kids that was
"Back in the day".) I plugged the filter into the cord at the wall, then I
plugged the filter at the phone and checked which reduced the RF current the
most.  All of which can be done with a relative reading RF Meter.

Good information Jim.  I especially like the part about the possibility of
turning the remaining wire into a half wave.

Mike
AD6AA