RFI

Re: [RFI] Grow Lights

To: "ve3gsi@arrl.net" <ve3gsi@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Grow Lights
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 17:37:38 -0800
I've heard two distinct noises from grow lights. The first has a very
distinctive 120hz buzz. It starts with random pops. The pops get closer and
closer together until an hour or so later the buzz is constant. It is a classic
street light signature.  In fact, I first Went looking for a faulty street
light.  The second is wide band hash. Noise levels drop as frequency increases
but is still audible on 6m. It is wide band. No birdies or hotspots

Sent from my iPhone