RFI

[RFI] Low pass filter opinions

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Low pass filter opinions
From: "John Geiger" <aa5jg@fidmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 01:49:11 -0000
What have list members found to be the best low pass filters to prevent TVI?  I
currently have a Drake TV-1000 in line but that allows RF up to 52mhz, and
actually above that because I have used it successfully on 52.525mhz for 6m FM.
 Today I borrowed a Kenwood LF-30A from a friend. I can't find too many specs
on it other than it has 90db of attenuation above 90mhz.  It didn't make any
difference compared to my Drake.  I was thinking that it might do better since
it should have a lower cutoff frequency.

I see that Drake also made a TV3300 filter that is rated at 80db above 41mhz.
And the ICE filters get good reviews on eham.net.  So, any opinions as to what
low pass filters work best?

73s John AA5JG