RFI

Re: [RFI] Testing & Comparing Compact Fluorescents?

To: RFI <RFI@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Testing & Comparing Compact Fluorescents?
From: Rick D <n6pe@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:36:41 -0700
I have four Phillips 100 W CFLs in a ceiling fan in the shack.

No detectable noise on any band over the outside antenna with either
pair or all four on.

You can hear them on an AM radio placed next to them, but not as loud as
the display on my old 940S.

Try the AM radio test on your radio display and computer monitor. It is
like a hi-fi nut that thinks he has the perfect amplifier, until he sees
it on a scope with a square wave.

By the way, I have been using CFLs in the "inverted" position for years
with no problem. I work at home and the light is on from 7 am to 9-10 pm
at least 6 days a week.

--
Rick Darwicki  -= N6PE =-
17775 Elmhurst Circle