RFI

[RFI] 6M Getting into TV Channel 3

To: World Wide Six Meter Club <sixclub@mailman.qth.net>, RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>, "tvi-rfi-emi@mailman.qth.net" <tvi-rfi-emi@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [RFI] 6M Getting into TV Channel 3
From: kd4e <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 09:32:22 -0400
I raised my delta loop *from* a feedpoint of 6'
above the ground *to* 15' and now it is getting
into the TV (all channels).

The TV antenna is at 30 feet and is about 30'
from my 6M antenna.  (I am running 100W SSB.)

I have disconnected the outside antenna at the
distribution amp inside the house and used an
amplified set-top antenna - no interference then.

QUESTIONS:

1.  Is there a typical separation of the antennas
that might solve this?  e.g. 50' 75' 100'?

2.  Is there a filter for the TV that would take
out 6M?

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Have you tried 6m & 10M lately?  Wow!