RFI

[RFI] 20 Meter Noise Level

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 20 Meter Noise Level
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:56:37 -0400
Is it possible that my high noise level on 20M is related to my TV.  I
have an older Mitsubishi big screen projection TV in the living room.
It is located directly under my 20M antenna.  Most of the time I
experience a S5 to S6 noise level so weak signal are out of the
question.  This morning I was listening on 20M and had the usual noise
level.  My wife went out for the day.  I turned the TV off noticed the
noise level dropped to S1.  After turning the TV off and on several
times, it seems the noise level is directly related to the TV.  Is it
possible and if so, any ideas how to tame it?

David
KC2JD/4