RFI

Re: [RFI] Receiver settings for hearing RFI?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Receiver settings for hearing RFI?
From: Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 08:20:57 -0500
I have one of the MFJ-856 DIRECTIONAL NOISE FINDER W/3 ELE BEAM
does work well on some kinds of noise, found in the ~135 mhz range
but since I live in an 80 unit apartment complex,
many of the noise sources it came up with, were real noises,
just not the actual noises that were causing my rfi problems,
lots of false positives in my case. ynnv

I finally had to go to the actual HF frequencies
where I was hearing the problems to try to locate some of my rfi.

the 2nd unit, the MidnightScience Ultrasonics Kit
Is the type for finding 'which' insulator on a pole is the bad one,
this is after you have tracked down the pole with something like the MFJ-856

GB & 73
K5OAI
Sam Morgan