RFI

Re: [RTTY] Topband: From CO8LY

To: Eduardo Somoano C <co8ly@frcscu.ciges.inf.cu>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Topband: From CO8LY
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@surfvi.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 07:18:58 -0400
 Eduardo Somoano C wrote:

I write to you to ask for a big favor. I own an old YAESU FT-747 which final
RF

power transistors 2SC2290 or 2SC3240 were damaged.

I have not been able to find them, allthough I have searched ansiously.

 I hope we can help Eduardo but there are some restrictions in sending
parcels from the U.S. which make a European source not as problematic.  Only
problem is the cost of DHL from the UK to Cuba want 36 UK Pounds for a 2kg
packet.  Shipping from Mexico or the Bahamas is less costly.  Also the new
U.S. rules for gift parcels allows shipment of "certain consumer
communications devices" but whether or not small transistors to repair such
a device should, but I am not absolutely sure, fall under that exemption.

The new U.S. Regs provide the following:

*Q: What changes were made to the items eligible for export to Cuba in gift
parcels?*
*A*: In addition to the items previously eligible, gift parcels may now
include civilian clothing, personal hygiene items, seeds, veterinary
medicines and supplies, fishing equipment and supplies, soap-making
equipment, and other non-sensitive items of a type normally sent as gifts
between individuals, including *certain consumer communications devices.*

*Q: Who may send gift parcels to Cuba?*
*A*: Any individual is an eligible donor.

I checked MCM but came up empty.  Perhaps Newark or Mouser would have them.
I checked with the USPS here and they will accept only letters.f you decide
to use the U.S. Postal Service they should be able to give you advice and
now their
International ExMS Worldwide Service actually uses Fed-Ex