RFI

Re: [RFI] Unknown Signal

To: "WX5L" <wx5l@charter.net>, <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Unknown Signal
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 11:01:13 -0500
At 08:11 AM 12/7/03 -0600, WX5L wrote:

Hello,

An aquantance of mine in New Orleans asked me about an strange signal at
28.635.5.

At first I thought just another case of RF junk in his neighborhood but as I
tuned to that frequency I also heard the same carrier and I'm 50 miles from
New Orleans. From here it peaks northerly between 10 and 30 degrees.

I also checked with a few others in the metro New Orleans area and they all
here is also.

Has anyone else heard this signal and any idea's of it's origin?

I'm hearing it here in eastern WV, near DC. It appears to be East of me. It also seems to be two carriers, one slightly lower in frequency than the other, but both audible on my Mark V.

73, Pete N4ZR
Happy Holidays
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm