RFI

Re: [RFI] Eliminating TVI

To: "N6KJ" <kelly@thejohnsons.ws>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Eliminating TVI
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 07:45:07 -0500
At 09:28 PM 12/26/03 -0800, N6KJ wrote:
As I mentioned in an earlier e-mail, I already verified that I get
interference when I disconnect the satellite set-top and VCR and ONLY
play a DVD.

I don't know how relevant it is to your case, but when I was going through the interference decision tree a few years ago, I discovered that I had interference when my VCR was hooked up, but none when the TV was directly connected to the cable -- apparently the VCR itself had some of those problems Jim was talking about, and it was receiving and perhaps rectifying the HF signal.

73, Pete N4ZR Happy Holidays Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm