RFI

Re: [RFI] WAY OT

To: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>, "'RFI'" <RFI@Contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] WAY OT
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:49:21 -0800
Hi Dale.
I would suggest a small sheet of copper screening. Its easier to deal with and
you can epoxy it to the underside of the car body where the antenna will be
positioned.
A suggestion: site where you might want the hole for the mount to go, then look
underneath that are to see it is in an area that is practical to apply the
screen. If so, drill the hole and then put the screen in place allowing some of
the mesh to be attached to the antenna mount.
Last but not least, ping GM in Bowling Green and ask them where the *best*
place for a antenna might be.
Am confident they have had this question put to them before. .50 worth on this,
Gary...wa6fgi