RFI

Re: [RFI] Non-RF sensitive hardwired smoke/fire alarms?

To: "Rfi@contesting.com List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Non-RF sensitive hardwired smoke/fire alarms?
From: CR <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 06:44:28 -0400
On 7/11/2014 1:59 PM, WD8ARZ wrote:
strung a thin random wire out the hotel window through some trees. You know, just for listening ... wasnt too many days and I was wondering if I could load up on that wire and have some qso's on hf. While tuning up, the hotel fire alarm system went off

Had a similar thing happen at the Tandy Center in Fort Worth not long after we moved into our new R&D building. The security guards set off the smoke detector in the printer room when they reported all secure. THAT got everyone's attention.

A different "RFI" problem there was cured by getting software engineers to walk around with their bottoms wet (really!) but that's another story.

Cortland
KA5S
Cortland
KA5S