RFI

Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL to FCC...
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:43:00 -0700
On 7/28/2014 7:30 AM, Hare, Ed W1RFI wrote:
But lighting controllers operating 58 dB over the FCC limits ARE a major
threat, and we are getting new reports every week.

I strongly agree, Ed. I first encountered this in the home that we bought in California in 2006. It has several low voltage lighting fixtures, all run with what the electrical supply houses call "electronic transformers." They are unbranded and unlabeled, and they are noisy switching power supplies.

These little boxes are, for all practical purposes, the only way to power these devices because a real transformer is four times the size of the electrical back box into which it must fit. If any clean supplies exist, I sure would like to know about them.

73, Jim K9YC