RFI

Re: [RFI] Under Cabinet LED Lighting

To: "Rfi@contesting.com" <Rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Under Cabinet LED Lighting
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 20:54:12 -0400
Gary:

I was thinking the same thing about the 16 feet of the LED strip making for a great antenna! Hopefully, it's quiet. Will keep you posted.

Tony -K2MO

On 10/21/2014 8:06 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:
Hi Tony,

Any RFI is going to come from the power adapter/power supply, not the LEDs. I'm thinking that if there is any RFI from the power supply the long thin conductors of the strip light would make a great antenna.

At that low price you can almost guarantee that the power adapter/supply is a switching supply of the cheapest kind imaginable. All that said, you can always run it off of a 12V linear supply and solve that problem easily.

But for $17.00 you don't have much to lose.  Go for it and let us know.

On 10/21/2014 5:23 PM, Tony wrote:
All:

Recently purchased the LED strip light set shown below. Anyone have RFI issues with LED light sets?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MHLIFO8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks

Tony -K2MO

Gary K9GS