RFI

Re: [RFI] ARRL Board of Directors resolution related to FCC enforcement

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] ARRL Board of Directors resolution related to FCC enforcement of radio-interference issues
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 03:47:37 -0400
Look at their stand on net neutrality, how they fast tracked LightSquared next to satellite down links http://www.lightsquared.com/press-room/press-releases/lightsquared-submits-nationwide-wireless-broadband-plan-to-fcc/ Who backed these ventures

Net neutrality is nothing like they claimed.

Do a few searches and you'll have your answer.

Don't forget that "Revolving door" used by both parties.

I agree, the less govt involvement the better.
I also agree with social media and local involvement. "Bad press" is something these corporations will try to avoid. They will protect themselves and each other

73

Roger (K8RI)

On 7/31/2015 5:29 PM, qrv@kd4e.com wrote:
Until the FCC's leadership and mission are clarified; do they
serve partisan values, private for-profit interests, or are
they truly public servants who enforce the law equally & are
vastly more transparent - they don't need any more of my tax
dollars.

Meanwhile, the least government involvement in most things
has usually proved best, so every effort to ID & resolve RFI
locally makes sense.

Perhaps more social networking may be effective in "shaming"
corporations (including big importers like Amazon and import
clearinghouses like ebay) into demanding quality products -
free of RFI may work.

Posting company and product names on a well-publicized blog
may get things rolling.

It may be that publicizing RF-pollution of wireless device
frequencies may draw more into the battle as the internet-
of-everything is very popular right now.

Consider how social pressure has caused other changes -
even without boycotts - merely "bad press" can motivate.

IMHO, YMMV ... David KD4E

On Fri,7/31/2015 12:52 PM, Hare, Ed W1RFI wrote:
I'd suggest that hams send an email to their directors, letting them
know how they feel about the resolution.
More important, write to your congressman demanding that they 1) pass
legislation requiring the FCC to enforce their own Rules and 2)
appropriate the funds so that FCC has both staff and other resources to
do so. #2 is the heart of the problem -- the FCC was gutted at least 30
years ago, and Congress did it.

73, Jim K9YC

---