RFI

[RFI] HomePlug OK?

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] HomePlug OK?
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2018 16:32:23 -0400
I am having a lot of trouble with my Comcast wifi's range.  The tech recommends going to a Homeplug system to connect my router to my computers.  The latest version claims gigabit speeds, but I'd settle for 50 Mbps.  I recall that back in the day there was concern that the frequencies HomePlug was sending across the 110 VAC might interfere with the HF amateur bands, and that ARRL got the manufacturers to move.  Any reason not to try one of the later evolutions like AV2

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network