RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI every 15 KHz on 160 meters, suspect source is a manufactur

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI every 15 KHz on 160 meters, suspect source is a manufacturing facility.
From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 08:36:56 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I've tried loops in a variety of configurations, shielded, unshielded, balanced
and unbalanced, but when I could get close to the H field source, shielding and
balance really weren't a problem.

I've also used semi-rigid plastic tubing [HV insulation] with a short exposed
center conductor of coax inside  to probe for the E-field on PWB's and EUT's
while investigating conducted emissions. In the photograph below, one trace
shows the near-E-field high-frequency ringing of an on-board SMPS while the
other trace shows trigger current from a LISN.

 https://www.flickr.com/photos/101461001@N06/31818802020/in/dateposted-public/

 One adapts to the requirement of the moment,eh?

Cortland