RFI

Re: [RFI] 120Hz period noise ID

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 120Hz period noise ID
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 07:07:17 -0400
At 02:18 AM 10/31/2007, Jim Brown wrote:

>BTW -- I see you're in Palo Alto. HSC (Halted) has a great collection
>of power line filters at very low prices. The practical problem with
>all of this is that most electrical backboxes don't have room to mount
>them effectively (nor to house a transformer big enough to run the
>lights).

Jim, which of the filters that HSC carries would you recommend as "a REALLY
GOOD RF filter"?

BTW, perhaps I'm just lucky, but when we put Kichler Xenon lights in our
kitchen remodeling I was worried about noise from the switching power
supplies.  In 2 years we have had two power supples fail (immediately
replaced by Kichler at no charge, so they must know there's a durability
problem), but no discernable noise at all.  Perhaps it helps that my
antennas are 200 feet from the house, or maybe it is something in the
design of these power units.

73, Pete N4ZR