RFI

Re: [RFI] Cree LED Light Bulb

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Cree LED Light Bulb
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 10:25:29 -0500
That's interesting as in their on-line FAQ, Cree says they approve of
installation in can fixtures. We've had 42 W CFLs in there for the last 8 years
and never seen evidence of overheating. However, the light is cycled a lot and
I suspect the failures we've seen are related to that. Cree again states that
power cycling is harmless to their LED bulb. I guess I'll get to find out!

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith