RFI

Re: [RFI] EMI & EMC Conducted Noise Meaning?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] EMI & EMC Conducted Noise Meaning?
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 21:27:15 -0500
Doc,
I know what you mean.  It is hard to turn an EMC standard into reality
in the ham shack.  Industrial-type power supplies are not normally
sold to consumers and so probably are never evaluated to the home
standard.  The spec, of course, is an upper limit, so your particular
device may be much better at frequencies of interest.

So it's easy to find out what "Class A" is, but it's hard to know if a
particular device is going to be trouble for you.  I want equipment
that is much better than class A or B at my operating frequency.

73 Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net