RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 39, Issue 3

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 39, Issue 3
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 22:20:26 -0500
The *probability* of causing an accident with your cell phone must be
very low.  And probably the stars have to be aligned just so (using
certain comm freqs, nav aids, etc. in the cockpit, with marginal wx
and so on).   So maybe it will only happen once in a million times.
That's not useful for the bad guys, but it may be enough reason to
prohibit cell phones.    Your seat-mate wants to call the office: What
odds of a crash would you say are acceptable?

Even if you accept 1 in a million for yourself, how do you feel that
that might be 8 downed planes every year? (8.4 M flights in 2003,
IIRC)

73 Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net