RFI

Re: [RFI] LCD TV wipes out AM BC band - UPDATE Report

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LCD TV wipes out AM BC band - UPDATE Report
From: "pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer2@q.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:59:45 -0700

> My replying is to share an experience with my LCD screen.
>
> I have a Sony 60 incher and needed to use my wireless receiver to enable
> me to hear the tellie.
> This is a infrared unit, a transmitter at the tellie, and a batt op
> receiver with headphones with the user. Of course, it is more than 25
> years old!
> (when you have a handicap like I have, you tend to take extra care of
> the necessities that > help you hear)
>
> Making the change to LCD from "analog" tellies, I was in shock!
> A terrible and strong hash noise was heard burying program audio.
> My receiver was picking up the screen noise! I block the receiver sensor
> and it went away!

My wife bought one if the TV Ears things because she wanted to try something
different than  the headphone wires dragged across the floor from the TV. It
is also IR  - it was unusable if the TV was right on axis with the remote
headphones - its a Sony LCD 40 inch set XBR - solution was to angle the set
a tad away from her and put the transmitter on the left side closer to her .
If you walk by the set in front of it with the headphones on the set will
tear your ears off !!!

I am however happy to report it is totally immune to a KW of RF on all bands
with my antennas. .

Hank K7HP