RFI

Re: [RFI] Wired vs Wireless Routers for RFI

To: "'Paul Christensen'" <w9ac@arrl.net>,"'Jim Brown'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Wired vs Wireless Routers for RFI
From: "Wes Attaway (N5WA)" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:21:28 -0600
Paul:

What Cisco router do you have?  I have a Cisco ASA 5505, which is a fairly
standard PIX-class box.  I have not noticed any noise, but maybe I just
haven't listened closely enough.

The 8-port router, DSL modem, wireless Access Point, and KVM-switch sit
about 2-feet from my Orion.  I use standard CAT-5 cable and do not RFI
chokes on anything except the various power leads.  I don't notice any odd
noises in the Orion.

Tell me what birdies to listen for and I will check to see if I am missing
something.

 1138 Waters Edge Circle, Shreveport, LA 71106
         (318)797-4972(office) -- 393-3289(cell)
Computer Consulting, Forensics, Data Recovery
-------------- EnCase Certified Examiner --------------