RFI

Re: [RFI] Snow and Power Lines

To: <Jimk8mr@aol.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Snow and Power Lines
From: "Dave Harmon" <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:16:47 -0600
I dunno how normal this is but being rural.....it happens.
The power folks say they would be happy to fix it but because of the soft
ground they can't get to any poles that are beyond reach of the lift truck
parked in the street...ie, the ground is too soft to support the truck.
As to why it gets noisy....I can only guess but likely the cold temps makes
things contract causing problems.

Regards

Dave Harmon
K6XYZ[at]sbcglobal[dot]net