RFI

Re: [RFI] What the ARRL has power line noise?

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] What the ARRL has power line noise?
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:55:36 -0500
On Feb 12, 2010, at 11:53 AM, RFI Services' Mike Martin wrote:

> Wow,
> How that for an accurate analogy.

I guess it depends on whether you think that some RFI is good, or that
none of it's good. If its handy to have RFI at W1AW so people know
what it is, does that mean that people won't know otherwise? The
symptoms of RFI become obvious to anyone who has it. The problem isn't
with knowing what it is, wave files can show us many different types
of RFI  in seconds, and I'm assuming that every form of RFI doesn't
exist at HQ.

You might not like my analogy, but I think that problems are problems,
and they should be fixed. Funny how that's become a bad thing.

-73 de Mike N3LI -