RFI

Re: [RFI] WAY OT

To: RFI <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] WAY OT
From: Andy <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:09:01 -0500
I wonder if anyone has tried something like a half wave whip, which
wouldn't depend so much on a groundplane.  You'd have to cut your own,
I think (maybe take a 5/8 whip and shorten it?), and make a new
matching network?  And it might not do both bands.

There's one or two half wave whips out there intended for handhelds
(because the typical HT doesn't provide an adequate ground plane
either), which is what made me think of this.

Sorry, no first-hand experience with this.

Andy